Nespresso vs Dolce Gusto: price of coffee capsules
Another point to keep in mind is that Nespresso capsules are somewhat more expensive than Dolce Gusto capsules, and in both cases, they are more expensive than bulk coffee.
- Dolce Gusto: Its price is cheaper. 16 capsules of Ristretto cost 4.99 euros (0.311 euros per capsule).
- Nespresso: Its price is higher than the Dolce Gusto equivalents. 10 capsules of Ristretto cost 3.60 euros (0.36 euros per capsule).
For example: 30 Nespresso Ristretto coffee capsules cost 10.8 euros, and 32 Dolce Gusto Intense Espresso capsules cost 9.98 euros (0.36 euros per capsule versus 0.31 euros).
Nespresso coffee machines vs. Dolce Gusto coffee machines: some of the best coffee machines from both systems
Here we also have some differences. Dolce Gusto coffee machines, since they do not prepare “natural” milk (they do so with their special capsules with powdered milk), are usually cheaper than Nespresso coffee machine models, especially if we compare them with coffee machines that also have a milk dispenser. How To Use A Nespresso Machine? How Does It Differ From An Espresso Machine?
If we choose a Nespresso model like the Krups Inissia, which is cheaper and does not dispense milk, the difference is not so pronounced (the Krups Dolce Gusto Piccolo can also be purchased at a good price).
Nespresso coffee machines usually offer more features than Dolce Gusto machines:
- automatic stop
- Preparation of foamed milk
- Capsule collection system
- The water tank is usually larger in volume, so it will have to be refilled fewer times.
1.-Nespresso De’longhi Gran Lattissima EN650B
- 19 bars of pressure
- It works by pressing a single button
- With removable, self-cleaning milk jug
- One-touch technology to create milk recipes with one button
- 1 l water tank and 0.5 l milk tank
- Includes 14 capsules and €20 coffee credit
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 36.7 x 27.6 cm
One of the most modern models of Nespresso machine. Its design is spectacular. It has the option of preparing coffee with milk thanks to the included accessory, and the good thing about it is that it generates a lot of milk foam (you will have to clean it every time you prepare coffee with milk).
- It has 7 types of drinks that you can prepare easily (Ristretto, espresso, Lungo, Flat White, Latte coffee, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato) and an LED control screen. You can customize the size of the coffee: Ristretto, Espresso, and Lungo.
- It does NOT have a water dispenser, and it is difficult to clean the Cappuccino system.
The sensor to detect the amount of milk is one of the best additions to this Nespresso coffee machine: it determines the amount of milk you should use based on the amount of coffee. It has an automatic shut-off and heats up in just 25 seconds.
The milk container has just the right capacity to make a good Latte, no more, no less. The capsule collector holds 10.
2.-Nespresso Krups Essenza Mini
- Ultra-compact modern design for maximum comfort (33 x 8.4 x 20.4 cm)
- 2 coffee programs to choose the desired measurement: short or long coffee, and you can also customize the quantities as you like best
- Activation of low power consumption mode after 3 minutes and auto-off function after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Used capsule container capacity: 9 capsules
- Nespresso system with 19 bars of pressure and rapid heating in just 25 seconds
One of the most beautiful and timeless designs in a coffee maker that more than delivers, both in terms of quality and price. You have several colors available, it is quite small and very easy to use.
It does not have a milk frother. The water repertoire capacity is not very large (0.6 liters). The coffee cups fit easily and are clean. Little more can be asked for.
3.-Nespresso: Krups Inissia – the cheapest
This coffee maker is really small, so it is suitable for all types of kitchens. It is also perfect to take anywhere, especially when we go on vacation in the summer.
Manufacturing quality is acceptable. It is made of plastic in up to 7 colors, but it does not look cheap. It is also quite light, just 2.4kg. If you are looking for a cheap Nespresso capsule coffee machine that provides you with excellent coffee, you don’t need to look any further. The complete review on Krups Inissia – Nespresso capsule coffee machine – Opinion.
4.-Krups Piccolo KP1A05: good design, cheap. The entry point to the Dolce Gusto world
- Dolce Gusto coffee maker with 15 bar pressure and shut-off system after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Compact design with dimensions of 26.6 x 13.6 x 27.6 cm
- With adjustable, removable drip tray
- 0.8 liter water reservoir
- manual system
The simplest coffee maker in the Dolce Gusto system. You even have to stop the coffee preparation process (the coffee will be to your liking). Its design has been modernized compared to previous models, it does not take up much space, and it fits quite large cups, although the tray does not have levels.
It makes a little noise when preparing coffee, the water reservoir is somewhat small, and it does not have an automatic cleaning program… but… What did we expect, considering its low price? Perfect if you control the coffee preparation process yourself.
5.-Krups Dolce Gusto Piccolo KP1A3B – cheap and functional
- 15 bars of pressure
- Auto off system after 5 minutes
- With fully removable adjustable drip tray
- Dimensions: 26.6 x 13.6 x 27.6 cm
Its design is truly “piccolo”: it is a small coffee maker with just the right features to work. Furthermore, it weighs relatively little. It is not strictly automatic since you are the one who decides when the coffee stops coming out with the cold water/hot water lever. You decide the amount of water each coffee contains, so it would be interesting if you read the instructions for each drink.
It is a small and very functional coffee maker, simple to use, and with a variety of capsules provided by Dolce Gusto, including chocolates, cold drinks, and milk.
A good option is to replace a frother or milk tank in the coffee maker. The water tank is somewhat small and difficult to fill directly from the tap. The complete review on Krups Dolce Gusto Piccolo – Opinion . Mens Health: Strategies for a Strong and Vibrant Life