Home security has never been easier than with Arlo cameras. These smart devices provide peace of mind by allowing you to monitor your property remotely. However, even the most advanced technology can encounter issues. One common problem faced by Arlo camera users is the blinking blue light issue. If you’ve noticed your Arlo camera’s blue light flashing, don’t fret! In this guide, we’ll walk you through simple steps to troubleshoot and fix the blinking blue light problem, ensuring your home security remains uninterrupted. Once the issue resolves you can easily access the Arlo dashboard login page.
Understanding the Blinking Blue Light Issue
The blinking blue light on your Arlo camera can be concerning, but it’s usually an indicator of a fixable problem. This issue can occur due to various reasons such as firmware glitches, connectivity problems, or power issues. It’s essential to address this problem promptly to ensure your camera is functioning optimally.
Step 1: Check Camera Placement
Before moving into technical solutions, let’s start with the basics. Ensure your Arlo camera is placed within the recommended range of your Wi-Fi router. The reason being is thick walls or long distances can weaken the signal, leading to connectivity problems. If the signal strength is weak, consider moving the camera or using a Wi-Fi extender.
Step 2: Restart Your Arlo Camera
A simple restart can often resolve many electronic glitches. To restart your Arlo camera, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the camera from its power source or remove its battery.
- Wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- Reconnect the camera to its power source or reinsert the battery.
This action can help refresh the camera’s settings and may resolve the blinking blue light issue.
Step 3: Update Firmware
Outdated firmware can cause unexpected problems, including the blinking blue light issue. Follow these steps to update your Arlo camera’s firmware:
- Open the Arlo app on your smartphone or access the Arlo website on your computer.
- Locate your camera and go to its settings.
- Look for the firmware update option and follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
- Updating the firmware can eliminate known bugs and improve overall camera performance.
Step 4: Check Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is vital for Arlo cameras to function correctly. If your camera’s blue light is blinking, it could be due to a connectivity issue. Here’s what you can do:
- Check if other devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network and working properly. If not, there might be a broader internet problem.
- Restart your router to refresh the connection.
- Ensure that your camera is within the Wi-Fi range and there are no obstacles blocking the signal.
Step 5: Re-sync Camera
Re-syncing your Arlo camera with the base station can sometimes resolve the blinking blue light issue. Follow these steps:
- Press the Sync button on the base station.
- Within a couple of minutes, press the Sync button on your camera.
- This process re-establishes the connection between the camera and the base station, potentially fixing any communication glitches.
Step 6: Check Power Source
Inadequate power supply can also trigger the blinking blue light issue. If your camera is battery-powered, ensure the battery level is sufficient. If using an AC adapter, verify that it’s correctly plugged in and functioning. On the off chance if an electrical socket is defective plug the power adapter into other sockets.
Step 7: Reset Arlo Camera
If none of the above steps resolve the blinking blue light issue, it’s time to reset the Arlo camera to its default settings. For this,
- Launch an Arlo app.
- In the Arlo login page enter the default value.
- Within a few seconds, a dashboard will appear.
- Navigate to Settings and choose My Devices.
- Tap on the camera you would like to reset.
- Now, select the Remove Device option.
- At last, tap on Yes to confirm.
In this way, your Arlo camera is reset to its factory mode.
Here we end our guide on how to fix Arlo camera blinking blue light issue. With these steps, you’ll be back to enjoying the peace of mind that comes with a fully functional Arlo camera system. If you liked reading this post, then do not hesitate to give a word of appreciation in a comment section.